Changing your IT Support provider can seem like a daunting prospect for any organisation however it’s often a good opportunity to take a long, hard look at whether their IT is performing to the maximum benefit of the business.
The contract comes up for review and then the deadline date approaches – and many decision-makers may feel pressured to stick with the status quo for the sake of perceived “stability”. But is your Managed Services Provider (MSP) working for the benefit of your organisation and in-line with the long-term business strategy?
The truth, for many, will be that while their IT maybe adequate for their needs, it does not take into account the overall business growth goals and strategy, and furthermore, is not future-proofed to accommodate growth in 2020 and beyond.
A common question that is raised following the decision to explore change: how can businesses ensure that the transition is absolutely seamless?
Here are a few of our thoughts on ensuring the switch is stress-free and smooth:
- Review what is working and what is not working – having an open and thorough discussion with your potential new IT provider could save management time further down the line.
- Get everyone involved. The IT experience of each and every member of staff is important. Collect feedback from across your business to shape revised support requirements.
- Be open to new possibilities. Technology never sits still and there may be more efficient ways of working that you hadn’t even thought about!
- Review hardware as well as software. Carefully consider what is under performing and where improvement is needed.
- Think short-term, medium-term and long-term on your IT strategy. Don’t take shortcuts if it is going to cost you or have a negative impact further down the line. Your IT department is one of the last places to want to skimp.
- Appreciate the importance of IT for your business and ensure that employees understand this. Your entire business infrastructure relies on having effective and reliable IT services.
Seamless IT transition is an area Edge IT specialises in. More than just an IT provider, we pride ourselves on partnering with our clients, getting to know your business and then devising solutions that perfectly match your needs.
We understand the importance of minimising disruption and our support model begins with a powerful on-boarding project. We will get into the detail of your IT systems and identify where they do not meet standards. We will discover how they work (and do not work) for your business and then plan out your roadmap for the future.
Interested? Let’s arrange a remote business discovery call and we’ll be happy to learn about your business and see if we’re the right fit for you.