Service Desk Engineer
Edge IT is a business computer services company based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire founded in 2012. The main focus of Edge IT is to provide IT support in Hertfordshire, Essex, London and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT team.
You will be a Service Desk Engineer on one of our Service Desks supporting some of our key clients.
Troubleshooting challenging queries and experience of IT managed services environment are key skills for you to have and becoming a successful candidate.
As a customer focused business, our customers like solutions in a reliable timely manner. You will take problem ownership with clear, concise, customer communication whilst managing expectations. For this you will have:
- Two or more year’s commercial experience supporting SME’s;
- Understanding of and working within the ITIL framework;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Familiar with working to SLA’s & KPI’s to meet customer requirements;
- An MCP/MCSE/MCITP/MCSA qualification would be highly desirable.
Windows Server Technologies, Exchange 2010 + and Small Business Server (SBS):
- Install, configure and troubleshoot issues.
- Configure sites and services, resolve issues.
Hardware Server Management:
- Upgrade, both hardware and firmware. Raid configurations, iLO.
- Running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC’s, moving external DNS services around to different IP’s when internet changes.
Network Infrastructure Backup software:
- Install and configure.
- Office 365
As a services business, we don’t have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it. We are proud to be an ‘Investors in People’ company.The benefits that we offer are –
- Contributory pension scheme – Up to 2%
- A tailored professional and personal development plan
- Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position (ITIL, Microsoft, VMware etc.)
- We know there’s more to life than work – that’s why when you join Edge IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more.