Service Desk Engineer Job in Letchworth
Edge IT is a business computer services company based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire founded in 2012. The main focus of Edge IT is to provide IT support in Hertfordshire, Essex, London and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT team.
Edge IT are looking for a passionate individual who wants to develop their knowledge and skills within all areas of IT Support with their ever expanding team!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded individual to join a supportive team whilst working for an IT Services Company.
- A strong foundational understanding of Technology and a Passion to learn are essential
- You’ll have the chance to gain 1st line support and troubleshooting experiences and deal with both end users and server administration tasks
- You will be tasked with providing responsive IT support to all the companies client requests
- You’ll have to provide any and all proactive IT Services
- You will also have the chance to add value to the IT Provisions that are provided by the company. Desired skills
- You will need some basic technical knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn lots more
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential
- A professional manner is required at all times
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent soft skills
- Technical aptitude
- Willingness to work hard and must have a good work ethic
- Common sense approach
- Must be on time
- Ambition to learn and become a key member of the team
- Empathetic with client IT Support issues
Ideally, a minimum 5 GCSEs at C/4 including maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
For the right apprentice, there will be an offer of permanent employment on completion of the apprenticeship. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to get into the professional IT services field
As a services business, we don’t have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it. We are proud to be an ‘Investors in People’ company. The benefits that we offer are –
- Contributory pension scheme – Up to 2%
- A tailored professional and personal development plan
- Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position (ITIL, Microsoft, VMware etc.)
- We know there’s more to life than work – that’s why when you join Edge IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more.