- The Customer shall allow the Company’s Servant or Agent unhindered access to the areas where the installation work is to be carried out.
- The Customer shall bear the cost of any reinstatement or redecoration made necessary by the installation or any subsequent inspection, maintenance, alteration, removal or use of the Security System.
- The Customer shall be responsible for obtaining at his own expense all necessary wayleaves, permits or approvals.
- Upon acceptance of this Agreement the Customer shall pay to the Company 30% of the Installation Charge. The balance of the Installation Charge shall be payable on the Installation Date.
- The Installation Charge is calculated on the basis that no delay will occur in the Company obtaining access to the Premises. If the expense to the Company is increased by delay in obtaining such access or by the Company carrying out the Installation outside normal working hours at the request of the Customer the Installation Charge may be increased accordingly.
- All equipment shall remain the property of the company until paid in full. The company reserves the right to remove or disable the equipment or any part of it, if payment is not made in full within the agreed terms.
SERVICE – If applicable
- The Company shall for a period of one year from the Installation Date carry out routine preventative maintenance during normal working hours in accordance with current Standards, Policies and Legislation and carry out at the Company’s expense any repairs, replacements or adjustments due to an inherent defect in the Security System or ordinary deterioration thereof. Following the expiry of the said period of one year from the Installation Date any maintenance, repairs, replacements or adjustments required will be the responsibility of the customer and if carried out by the Company at the Customer’s request will be chargeable to the Customer on a time and materials basis, unless the Contract is renewed. Whereupon Maintenance Schedule Terms & Conditions for the relevant system will apply.
- For a period of one year from the Installation Date the Customer shall be entitled to call upon the Company for service (corrective maintenance) at any time but the Company shall be entitled to charge the Customer on a time and materials basis where a visit occurs for any reason other than an inherent defect in the Security System or ordinary deterioration thereof. Following the expiry of the said period of one year from the Installation Date any call upon the Customer will be chargeable to the Customer on a time and materials basis, unless the Contract is renewed thereafter.
- For a period of one year from the Installation Date the Customer shall not, nor shall he allow any person other than a Servant or Agent, to repair, service, adjust or in any way interfere with the Security System.
- Where Remote Signalling is a part of the installation, the customer shall guarantee to renew the contract for a 3 year term, renewable annually after this period unless agreed otherwise prior to installation.
- For a period of one year from the Contract Renewal Date the company shall carry out routine preventative maintenance inspections as follows: Audible Only Systems 1 visit per annum; Audible/Remote Signalling Systems 2 visits per annum; CCTV Systems 2 visits per annum; Access Systems 1 visit per annum; Fire Alarm Systems 2 visits per annum. During this period those conditions laid out in Clause 6 of this Contract will apply. NOTE: signalled systems with a key-holder only response have one visit per year as these are certificated as audible only with supplementary monitoring. It is signalled systems that have direct police response via a URN that require two visits per annum.
- For a period of one year from the Contract Renewal Date the company shall provide a 24-Hour Emergency Service and carry out corrective maintenance as laid out in Clause 7 of this Contract.
- Following expiry and upon renewal of the contract for a further period, those terms may be extended and services will continue to be provided in accordance with current terms and conditions in force at the time of renewal.
- System signalling shall at all times comply with any noise pollution regulations in force in the installation area and shall also be in keeping with any environmental concerns.
- Where remote signalling is required the Customer shall apply for the appropriate telephone service, or may instruct the Company to do so on their behalf
- Where remote signalling is required, the System will be designed in accordance with current Standards, Policies & Legislation.
- The Customer shall be liable for all Telecom and Alarm Receiving Centre charges, including any calls made to Alarm Receiving Centre for the purpose of testing correct signalling and satisfying Restore Open/Close signalling requirements.
- The Customer shall be responsible for advising the Company once installation of such telephone service has been carried out.
- The Company shall in no way be liable at any time for the cost of any work, repairs and renewals of the Security System resulting from damage by fire, storm, flood, accident, neglect or misuse. In addition, the customer shall be liable for any reset/call charges resulting from activations due to environmental or mains interference. The Company shall in no way be liable at any time for the cost of any replacements which shall be required as a result of legislation changes or for the renewal of equipment which is no longer manufactured and as such is deemed obsolete.
- The Company shall not be held responsible for any changes in Standards, Policies or Legislation and the Customer shall bear the cost of any subsequent equipment upgrades required to ensure compliance and ongoing maintenance of the system.
- Edge IT do not accept responsibility for any callouts or costs related to third party services (i.e. broadband speeds & services, IP addresses, telecom services, etc.) and any visits due to loss or low performance of these services will be subject to a standard call out charge. If customers make any changes to third party services which may affect their security system or are in any doubt as to the level of cover provided by the Maintenance Contract, they should contact us first to ensure clarity
- Any system specification prepared by the company shall be as a result of a risk assessment or to comply with Insurance Requirements and is an interpretation of the Customer needs as described. The Company shall not be responsible for determining the level of protection where the Customer has provided insufficient information as to the level of risk and no responsibility is assumed in respect of any special needs allowances that might be considered in regard to the disabilities Discrimination Act.
- The Customer shall promptly give the company necessary access to the Premises for the purpose of installing, maintaining and inspecting the system thereby enabling the Company to perform its duties under this Agreement. Access shall also be allowed for the purpose of any NACOSS inspection visits which may be required.
- If the Customer or Company wishes to terminate any Maintenance/ Monitoring Contracts held with this Company, notice in writing 2 months in advance shall be required by either party.
- If the Customer shall commit any breach of this Agreement or if any payment shall be more than one month in arrears the Company may forthwith give notice in writing terminating its obligations under this Agreement without prejudice to its rights to recover any sum due by the Customer to the company.
1 The attached Specification has been prepared taking into account all information available to the Surveyor and is considered to be that best suited to this application within the limitations of cost. Should you consider that the degree of protection is in excess of requirements or, alternatively, that greater coverage is required our Surveyor will be pleased to discuss the matter further.
2 Our engineers are very experienced in lifting and refitting carpets where it is necessary to route cables. No extra charge is made for this service since a professional standard for this particular work cannot be guaranteed. However customers may, at their own additional expense, employ a professional carpet fitter to work in conjunction with our engineers to lift and refit the necessary carpets. THE ABOVE NOTES ALSO APPLY WHERE IT IS NECESSARY TO REMOVE FLOORBOARDS. In addition, whilst every care will be taken to ensure a neat appearance when the installation is completed, the prices quoted do not include for redecoration.
3 Edge IT recommends that at the time of installation, the customer or his representative be on site to authorise the location of the equipment. Otherwise, our engineers will locate the devices, controlling and signalling equipment in the position indicated on the Specification or where they are considered to offer the best protection and provide the highest level of security. In addition, it should be noted that all equipment locations must be easily accessible by the installation engineer who should not be expected to move unacceptable levels of furniture, etc.
- The Quotation provides for all necessary wiring to be run neatly and hidden where possible. If practicable, and at the engineer’s discretion, best use will be made of existing ducts, voids, service channels or under carpets and flooring. The Quotation is also based on installation during our normal working hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. If necessary the installation may be arranged outside such hours at an additional charge.
5 The specified area of coverage provided by all movement detectors and cameras will be demonstrated by our engineer at the time of commissioning of the system, and subsequently, following any replacement as a result of necessary service work. Where pet friendly sensors are fitted, no guarantees are provided regarding false alarms as these are depend on the size, quantity and agility of the pet(s). Where ongoing activations are experienced due to pet activity, homeowners may need to further consider the level of accessibility they wish to allow their pets, against the level of protection in the property.
6 It is stressed that customers should CHECK the coverage afforded by all equipment by means of REGULAR “WALK TESTING” CHECKS between the service visits undertaken by the company.
7 Details of the set positions of the controls for range and pulse count (if used) and confirmation of any zone blanking of the lenses for all movement detectors will be recorded on the Completion Certificate at the time of commissioning of the system, and subsequently at the time of a service visit, if any changes are made.
8 Unless previously agreed, a final invoice will be presented during the course of the work. It will be necessary to ensure that settlement is made available as the system is handed over.
9 Edge IT would draw attention to the Customer’s duty to notify the local Police Force and Environmental Health Authority within 48 hours of the coming into operation of the alarm. (The Control of Noise [Code of Practice on Noise from Audible Intruder Alarms] Order 1982 refers: Statutory Instrument 1981 No. 1829
10 The Maintenance Contract would not provide continuous cover on individual security floodlights which are supplied and installed under a 12-month warranty period with a 3-month guarantee on halogen bulbs or bulbs which are supplied to operate with any infra red lighting or batteries for any wireless devices, both of which are regarded as consumables, nor for visits to resolve signalling or remote access issues which have been affected or lost as a result of changes/failures to Telecoms, IT or other external services.
11 Rechargeable back-up batteries are also regarded as consumables and will be covered under warranty for a one year period only from installation. In the event of a replacement battery being required out of this warranty period, the part will be chargeable to compensate for excessive drain on battery units due to power loss, etc. which cannot be attributed to a fault with the actual alarm system but caused by mains failures or disconnection of the electrical supply, whether it be accidental or deliberate. In addition, consumables such as batteries do have a limited life and our policy is now to replace any units that have been in place for 5 years or longer. In this instance, the part will also be chargeable.
12 Our Quotation is based on assumption that the existing electrical installation complies with BS7671. Where any non-compliance exists, Edge IT cannot be held responsible for any additional works required or costs incurred.
13 Connection is subject to provision of a suitable phone point being made available adjacent to the main control panel at time of
installation. If a return visit is required for connection, additional labour may be charged at our standard rates. In our experience,
Virgin Media run their lines at 42v not the standard that BT use. In this event alarm systems will not signal on these lines as the
voltages are too low and a BT LINE will be required. Where the system is designed to alert users via SMS to any tamper faults which
occur with the alarm, these will result in phone call costs and whilst our engineer visits should be covered under the terms of the
maintenance contract, we cannot be held responsible for the cost of calls.
14 Edge IT cannot be held responsible for issues which occur as a result of other wireless devices within the property which may cause interference across the frequency or result in system jamming, i.e. Hive heating.